What is that BANGING noise that hasn't stopped for DAYS

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
disgruntled Dick

There's been some construction or something happening for days now and for hours on end in minute intervals there's persistent BANGING and it's driving me INSANE

PLEASE someone tell me what it is
Ken
Site Admin

From what I can see, it's a site at the junction of New Road and the Distributor Road. They seem to be breaking up concrete. Kicked off at 8 a.m. this morning. I'm at the top of Beaverstown Road and can hear it very clearly.
Regards,

Ken.
Spider

It's right beside a private residence on the junction of the New Road and Distributor Road. The residents are driven mad with it and the council don't seem to care. There was supposed to be proper sound proofing installed, instead there's a bit if green gauze attached to a metal fence. When the banging stops (usually a couple of hours after legally permissable) another piece of equipment is turned on and runs overnight. These people are supposed to live and work from home with this continuous noise right outside their door.
Spider

environment@fingal.ie if anyone wants to submit a complaint
benson

They are piling in the paddocks too i think.
idaok

Overnight? Surely that isn't legal. I thought work was only allowed between 08:00 and 16:00.

There is a new phase going in in The Paddocks (beside the Community Centre & Educate Together school) so they are driving in the foundations, should be finished soon enough, it's not that large of a number of houses.
pat mustard

it's doing my nut in. the Paddocks one.

Anyone know where the driver lives? might turn up on Sat with NWA playing thru some mega speakers. :D
bronorton

7.58 this morning, it's started.

My sympathy to those working closer than me to it