New Houses - The Paddocks

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Donabatian

Hi,

So does the pump run for the entire dish washer and washing machine cycle??

Hopefully we get used to it 😬😬
idaok

We lived in a house prior to this that didn't have a pump (water pressure was AWFUL) so it's new to us and was a little annoying at first but we're used to it now and it doesn't bother us. We really appreciate the great water pressure and the fact that the hot water works even if someone is using a tap somewhere else! :D So the good outweighs the bad. Worst case scenario, you can turn it off and just get used to low water pressure instead.
Donabatian

Hi,

Once again thanks for replies very helpful.

I didnt know it could be turned off that's not so bad. If people cant get used to it maybe a switch can be attached and only turn on when using the shower etc.

Thanks again 👍👍
TheBlowIn

FYI, Heat Merchants at the end of Turvey Avenue sell pump mounts, basically foam-backed boards that the pump is attached to. Got one for my place in Beresford. Makes a significant difference to the sound transmitted through the floor.

No idea what the setup is in the Paddocks, but worth looking into if the noise is annoying.
Donabatian

Hi hope everyone is keeping well. It's a pity the builders are not back on site yet.

I am just wondering what is the noise like between houses especially the terraced houses? Can neighbours be heard at all?

Also just wondering if Siro have been around installing fibre to the home?

Thanks in advance 😁
Happyheart

I live in one of terraced house and coming from a detached house I was concerned

But soundproofing is good
No speaking or tv notice
So I'm pleased
idaok

We've not found any problems at all with noise, it's really good. The vents let in some noise from outside so with the storm wind the other week, it was noisy but overall, no issues.
idaok

"Also just wondering if Siro have been around installing fibre to the home?"

I don't think so, we are with Virgin for the year so haven't looked into it.
Tomat

Direct fibre or FTTH is available in the peninsula now via Openeir, so check with Sky, Vodafone, Pure Telecom etc. To see who will offer the best service. I have Pure but transferring due to ongoing issues they have with reliability, which when working from home, is a major headache. They have just not configured the speeds correctly so speeds are slow on 2.4ghz,wifi and multiple mini interruptions each and every day. Perhaps you will have better luck with them. But engineers have tested them and others and say it is a, configuration issue with Pure and their connection via BTI.
Donabatian wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 19:49 Hi hope everyone is keeping well. It's a pity the builders are not back on site yet.

I am just wondering what is the noise like between houses especially the terraced houses? Can neighbours be heard at all?

Also just wondering if Siro have been around installing fibre to the home?

Thanks in advance 😁
Kimbo

Can anyone confirm that the builders are back on site today ? :) :) Thanks so much!
Donabatian

Hi, yes the builders were back on site today I drove by earlier on.

It was good to see hopefully wont be too long until the houses are ready :D
Kimbo

Donabatian wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 17:02 Hi, yes the builders were back on site today I drove by earlier on.

It was good to see hopefully wont be too long until the houses are ready :D
Great to hear this! Thanks very much :) Fingers crossed here as well... can’t wait :cry:
idaok

Yes, the builders were here before 8am, they were obviously excited about it too :)
arnebanane

Hi there,

is anyone else in Phase 2 having difficulties to get in touch with Anna/Deirdre? We are supposed to move in on the 26th of May and have quite a lot of questions about the flooring, state of the house etc.
Poliano

Hi arnebanane

We are in the same situation, was very hard to get an update from them, but a couple of days ago I contacted the builder directly and he informed me that there will be another delay due the ESB workers strike, apparently the electricity won't be connected on time. He is expecting this to happens only middle June, however he might need two more weeks to get a certification and just then it will be ready for snagging it. thats so annoying
AindriuB

Has anyone any recommendations for floors? Deirdre mentioned that for the show house they used a group called the stone rooms.
Donabatian

Hi,

Project Tiles has a nice showroom and does nice tiles and wood flooring.

Hopefully the ESB strike won't effect the moving in dates too much we are looking forward to moving in ourselves. It would be great to get some of the Summer in Donabate :D
idaok

For floors, a few people here have used Top Floors. I found their selection pretty good and they were reliable.

For the electrics, we used Ian Kerrigan, who also did a few of the houses here for alarms and lighting and so on.

Make sure to get the colour of the paint when you move in :)
TimG

What is the colour of the paint inside - is it the same as the show house or does it differ?
idaok

I'm sure it is all the same but best to check when you get into your house to be on the safe side. You'll probably get a touch up done following the move in and you can get it from the painter then.

It's the usual kind of beige with hints of pink? Something like that. I like it :)
Keithb13

Hi Poliano any update on this are they still maintaining a delay? Due to move in on June 30th and just wondering why the likeliness is that they’ll hit their dates
Donabatian

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone have wooden floor upstairs? And is it noisy if people are walking around upstairs. Not sure whether to go with carpet or wooden floor upstairs.

Also wondering what the WiFi signal is like throughout the house. With all the insulation in new houses does it effect the signal upstairs etc.

Thanks
Poliano

Keithb13 wrote: 11 May 2021, 16:30 Hi Poliano any update on this are they still maintaining a delay? Due to move in on June 30th and just wondering why the likeliness is that they’ll hit their dates
hey Keithb13,
I spoke to the builder last week (14/05) and he mentioned end of June as well, but my advise is trying get in touch as much as you can... to give them an extra push. I'm contacting almost every week to see progress and make sure that he can meet this deadline.
If I get any other news I will post it here. cheers
Keithb13

Poliano wrote: 18 May 2021, 14:51
Keithb13 wrote: 11 May 2021, 16:30 Hi Poliano any update on this are they still maintaining a delay? Due to move in on June 30th and just wondering why the likeliness is that they’ll hit their dates
hey Keithb13,
I spoke to the builder last week (14/05) and he mentioned end of June as well, but my advise is trying get in touch as much as you can... to give them an extra push. I'm contacting almost every week to see progress and make sure that he can meet this deadline.
If I get any other news I will post it here. cheers
Hey Paoliano, yes Iv been pushing hard but no real clarity yet, have you heard when your kitchen is being fitted. I got the drawings from the supplier but no word on fitting date.
Keithb13

Does anyone have any updates re completion dates??