New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Brickers

Laura P wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 18:10 Hi everyone, I am new to this. Thanks for all the contributions on this thread, it's been really helpful. Myself and my partner have put a deposit on one of the beresford avenue houses that are due to be built in April 2020. The bank is requesting a valuation. Has anyone gone about this yet? Do you know if foundations for the 3bed semi-ds in beresford avenue have been laid yet? Thanks for your help
Some of the foundations for the avenue houses have been laid. I noticed some were laid months ago so it depends on where your house is located.

Regarding the valuation, banks are not consistent in their approach i.e some require a valuation before issuing loan approval, some require the valuation before issuing of funds (draw down) be careful you are not stung for two valuations as if you are required to have a valuation for loan approval and then sit on approval for months the bank will likely require a second (final) valuation before allowing you to proceed to draw down which is a double cost. Talk to your bank to work out the finer details to avoid unnecessary cost. My understanding is the valuation fee is paid by the customer.

All the best 👍🏻
cbc

archik wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 13:30 Hi Folks,

Apologies in advance for silly question, but have never really lived in semi-detached house before as grew up in the apartments ... so here it goes:

How soundproof are semi-detached houses? How much do you hear from neighbours? Would really appreciate, if someone could share their personal experience regarding this ... We are looking to buy three bed semi-detached in the estate.
Sound proof is good compared to a lot of Semi-detached houses and apartmants but you can still hear things. House on other side of me must have laminate flooring downstairs and upstairs and you can hear them marching around, you can also hear their kids and dog having meltdowns. These are really all you hear, you dont hear TV or regular talking just high pitched sounds. They are less noticeable if you have backround noise yourself like radio or TV on.
Alanreilly4

Hi everyone,

Myself and my wife have put a deposit on 9 Beresford Avenue. We have been told that it will be ready for July 2020. We are under pressure to close on the sale by August 2020 the latest.

Could anyone let me know from their experience how reliable are Hora at meeting their schedule?

Thanks in advance
RunningAround

Alanreilly4 wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 08:44 Hi everyone,

Myself and my wife have put a deposit on 9 Beresford Avenue. We have been told that it will be ready for July 2020. We are under pressure to close on the sale by August 2020 the latest.

Could anyone let me know from their experience how reliable are Hora at meeting their schedule?

Thanks in advance
We closed on our house in the court this July. Originally we were told it would be May, by March this date moved to June and then it was pushed to July. I would expect a slight delay. Although there was issues with the foundations for the Court which delayed everything so they could be more on track now with timelines.
Best thing to do is keep in touch with Hora, I found them great to deal with once you kept them in the loop.
gruffalo

Thanks in advance
Myself and my wife are very close to putting down a deposit for a house in the Avenue but we were wondering if there are any more detailed plans for the three bed houses available, even if they do no show exact measurements if they are a little clearer and larger than the ones in the brochure?
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
Bsah14

Thanks in advance
At the moment there is anywhere between 3 - 7 month delay. We were told ready by Sep, now its between Jan and Feb 2020. Very frustrating!
gruffalo

Do you know which numbers are included in this dealy?
Bsah14

gruffalo wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 15:31 Do you know which numbers are included in this dealy?
This is the current situation for some of the houses on the Cresent and Court so would presume there would be a knock on to houses on the Avenue but you never know.
gruffalo

Bsah14 wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 15:16
gruffalo wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 15:31 Do you know which numbers are included in this dealy?
This is the current situation for some of the houses on the Cresent and Court so would presume there would be a knock on to houses on the Avenue but you never know.
Thanks, we are viewing on Saturday, if I get an update on any delays on the Avenue I'll post here
gruffalo

gruffalo wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 15:19
Bsah14 wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 15:16
Thanks, we are viewing on Saturday, if I get an update on any delays on the Avenue I'll post here
Chatting with Aidan Hora and at the moment he cannot see any reason as to why they houses currently still available on the Avenue will not be ready for June/July 2020.
Laura P

Thanks for the update @gruffalo :D
gruffalo

I know it is a rather personal choice when it comes to things like this but would anybody recommend a Solicitor to help deal with First Time House buyers?

Thanks in advance.
gruffalo

Sorry for asking but I could not find the answer elsewhere in the form but how long is the warranty for these houses?
RunningAround

Hi all, just trying to figure out if we are using the heating the most efficient way. Can anyone in the 4 beds give a rough estimate of how much they are paying for electricity for the past couple of months?
Thanks in advance!
Fr Jack

RunningAround wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 20:02 Hi all, just trying to figure out if we are using the heating the most efficient way. Can anyone in the 4 beds give a rough estimate of how much they are paying for electricity for the past couple of months?
Thanks in advance!
I assume you are using an Air to Water heat pump which are expensive to run. Of course nobody tells you that at the beginning. However you're not paying for oil so it kind of balances out overall. If you can install PV panels to run your pump obviously your ESB bill will be down considerably. I think you would need to spend 4 -5 grand for them.
Mugwump

RunningAround wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 20:02 Hi all, just trying to figure out if we are using the heating the most efficient way. Can anyone in the 4 beds give a rough estimate of how much they are paying for electricity for the past couple of months?
Thanks in advance!
I’m running a 3 bed from the final phase of Beverton for about 950 euro a year on electricity (heat, water and appliances all in), using the supplied heat pump. The house is 117 sq.m. The 4 beds are about 20% more space to heat so I presume you should be looking at around 1200 euro
bcullen050704

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

We're in Beresford, I think our annual bills are about EUR 1300, thats for a 4 bed semi detached. I think we are paying about 13cents a kwh.

We leave ours 'always on' at the 'main control panel', thats the 'main control panel' in the utility room. Then, we use the thermostats to turn heating on and off, either upstairs or downstairs.

Hope your enjoying Beresford and Donabate!
Brendan
RunningAround

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Yes the first two bills we’ve had (2 month periods) are approx €200 each so that will work out roughly €1200 for the year.
We have been using the auto function on the control panel in the utility room.

Are people using the All Day or On? I’ve read the instructions but still not entirely sure what the difference is between them!!
gruffalo

Hi all, just a quick question.

Am I right in thinking that you are not allowed to have Sky TV installed because of the fact that you would need to have a satellite dish and cables on the outside of the house?
Austy

gruffalo wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 20:48 Hi all, just a quick question.

Am I right in thinking that you are not allowed to have Sky TV installed because of the fact that you would need to have a satellite dish and cables on the outside of the house?
Most houses have a sky dish, mine is at the front just above the roof line on the gable wall - not too out of place.
gruffalo

Austy wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 23:07

Most houses have a sky dish, mine is at the front just above the roof line on the gable wall - not too out of place.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It is just that it is mentioned in our contract that we are not allowed a dish on the front of the house, cables, nor TV aerial, I am going to be asking out solicitor exactly what that means. I had a fear that they were trying to restrict us to using Virgin as the house is "plumbed" for it.
Ken
Site Admin

That's part of the standard contract they use. It was on our contract over 20 years ago. I crossed it out and initialed it. I can understand why it's there for apartments, but makes no sense for a private house.
Regards,

Ken.
gruffalo

Ken wrote: 18 Dec 2019, 10:59 That's part of the standard contract they use. It was on our contract over 20 years ago. I crossed it out and initialed it. I can understand why it's there for apartments, but makes no sense for a private house.
Thank you, I'll do the same
Austy

gruffalo wrote: 18 Dec 2019, 08:43
Austy wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 23:07

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. It is just that it is mentioned in our contract that we are not allowed a dish on the front of the house, cables, nor TV aerial, I am going to be asking out solicitor exactly what that means. I had a fear that they were trying to restrict us to using Virgin as the house is "plumbed" for it.
Sorry - forgot to mention - it was in my contract too from Hora, but many of the houses have a dish. I have no option to get Virgin, so Sky is it.
They are standard items in a contracts, same with paint colours etc. - but as it is a private home and no management company etc. looking after the whole estate, who's going to police it?
No harm in crossing it out and signing same.
loewe55

Hi all,

Happy new year first of all!!
Quick question as we just moved into our new house in Beresford Crescent.... I tried to get internet & TV to the house but all companies are saying they don't know the address yet/invalid Eircode. How long does it usually take to get broadband available for a new built? Or do I need to do anything else from our side to make it available (like register somewhere?)?

Sorry - prob a stupid question but moving into new built for first time.

Cheers,
Marco