New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
newresidents18

Does anyone know if the walkway between the Court & Beverton is going ahead?
SarahJoe

newresidents18 wrote: 21 May 2019, 14:11 Does anyone know if the walkway between the Court & Beverton is going ahead?
I heard that it will be going ahead but not sure when. Does anyone know how long it may take to get from there to the station?
RunningAround

Once the walkway is open it would be less than a 15 min walk to the station.
Newtoarea

All,
We will be moving into the Court ( golf course end) in September hopefully. Took the measurements of the type 3 bed semi detached a few months ago on a Saturday visit to an open house but have lost the notebook I recorded them in. Main query is for the sitting room as we need to order sofas. Would anyone have the measurements for the sitting room? Does it accommodate a 3 seater as well as a 2 seater sofa? Thanks for any help.
SwordsMammy

newresidents18 wrote: 21 May 2019, 14:11 Does anyone know if the walkway between the Court & Beverton is going ahead?
Yes this is going ahead, according to Aidan last week anyway! We just put a deposit down on the road behind, Beresford Avenue.
RunningAround

Heard this week we are due to snag at the end of the month. :)
Has anyone used the recommended snagger and did you find him good/reasonably priced?
NewMum

While walking in your beautiful estate i noticed a few houses with the side entrance converted into a shed. Can anyone tell me the company used tonbuild these and if possibe, an approximate cost? Thanks in advance
NewToVillage

Newtoarea wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 08:43 All,
We will be moving into the Court ( golf course end) in September hopefully. Took the measurements of the type 3 bed semi detached a few months ago on a Saturday visit to an open house but have lost the notebook I recorded them in. Main query is for the sitting room as we need to order sofas. Would anyone have the measurements for the sitting room? Does it accommodate a 3 seater as well as a 2 seater sofa? Thanks for any help.
Hey;) I am wondering if you got sorted with the measurements? We have also bought a 3 bed and Aidan sent us the floor plan but doesn't give the hall details for getting floors ect.
Thks
Newtoarea

Hi there,
No, haven’t received any replies yet about the dimensions. Am going to mail Aidan Hora tomorrow to see if he can provide them so that we can get the sitting room stuff ordered. Will pass on the dimensions through this forum if I get them. Also will ask Aidan if there is going to be any of the houses open on the site on a Saturday as then we could remeasure. Our house doesn’t have the roof on yet but we are told late August handover🧐.. hope it’s 2019 and not 2020😂
NewToVillage

Newtoarea wrote: 09 Jun 2019, 19:13 Hi there,
No, haven’t received any replies yet about the dimensions. Am going to mail Aidan Hora tomorrow to see if he can provide them so that we can get the sitting room stuff ordered. Will pass on the dimensions through this forum if I get them. Also will ask Aidan if there is going to be any of the houses open on the site on a Saturday as then we could remeasure. Our house doesn’t have the roof on yet but we are told late August handover🧐.. hope it’s 2019 and not 2020😂

Thanks for getting back so quick. Hope its 2019😂! We have been told end July but we are nearer the avenue end. Open house would be brilliant, would be great to get all the measurements.
megsthreads

Hi All,

We bought in the Court (numbers 34-46). We were initially told July completion, which has now changed to August. Has anyone had any further updates that are on the same block of houses? when would we expect to start snagging etc? Thanks in advance :)
SarahJoe

SwordsMammy wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 14:25
Yes this is going ahead, according to Aidan last week anyway! We just put a deposit down on the road behind, Beresford Avenue.
We've also put a deposit down on Beresford Avenue, can't wait to move in next year!
Noe

Hi we have also put a deposit down on B. Ave. Just wondering what move in date you were given as ours keeps changing.
SwordsMammy

Noe wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 17:29
Hey,
We were told March for ours. He said that was a ‘conservative’ completion date. We’re guessing that’s the latest but not getting our hopes up either. Friends of ours bought in the court and were delayed over 12 weeks.
What date were you given Noe?

Hi we have also put a deposit down on B. Ave. Just wondering what move in date you were given as ours keeps changing.
Noe

SwordsMammy wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 13:28
Hey,
We were told March for ours. He said that was a ‘conservative’ completion date. We’re guessing that’s the latest but not getting our hopes up either. Friends of ours bought in the court and were delayed over 12 weeks.

Hi,
We were originally told April past. Then is was changed to Aug/Sept and now they are saying November. I feel it may be early in the new year at this stage 😔 We are number 2. Are you in the first four houses on the Avenue?
SwordsMammy

Noe wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 21:17

Hey,

Hi,
We were originally told April past. Then is was changed to Aug/Sept and now they are saying November. I feel it may be early in the new year at this stage 😔 We are number 2. Are you in the first four houses on the Avenue?
Aw I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s very annoying. Hopefully it’s this side of Christmas for you. We’ve a deposit down on one of the ones they just released in May. He told us March 2020. Not going to hold our breath though after talking to people in other phases.
Residents19

Hi all,

Just an update on beresford court.

For the kitchen , we were told that the kitchens are of a standard finish, but now include additional extras because of this- fitted microwave , integrated bin system, double oven and island included.

For the move in dates , the rest of the court should be moved in from end June to mid September , starting with the houses near the road and last in (in September) will be the side near the golf club.

Hope this helps some people!

Hopefully by the time we all move into our home near the beach the weather will have improved 😂
Noe

SwordsMammy wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 22:35
Noe wrote: 14 Jun 2019, 21:17

Aw I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s very annoying. Hopefully it’s this side of Christmas for you. We’ve a deposit down on one of the ones they just released in May. He told us March 2020. Not going to hold our breath though after talking to people in other phases.
Thanks. We will all get in ...eventually 😊
SarahJoe

Hey,

Hello, we out a deposit down on 38 Beresford Ave and were also told March so fingers crossed we're all in this time next year!
SwordsMammy

SarahJoe wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 09:55

Hey,

Hello, we out a deposit down on 38 Beresford Ave and were also told March so fingers crossed we're all in this time next year!
Hi any Beresford Avenue people. I went out today to have a little look and a lovely couple on the road behind let me into their back garden to have a look at the progress of ours. At foundation stage. I’ll post a pic of 36-40 Beresford Avenue.
Attachments
E20ED5AA-D3DC-45E2-8DC0-B2CF134C4A4F.jpeg
1F66E4F4-D88F-4C58-9229-D579F867675D.jpeg
SwordsMammy

SwordsMammy wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 20:26
Hi any Beresford Avenue people. I went out today to have a little look and a lovely couple on the road behind let me into their back garden to have a look at the progress of ours. At foundation stage. I’ll post a pic of 36-40 Beresford Avenue.
Should’ve said - the yellow digger on the right of the picture is in the back gardens of numbers 37 & 38
Kazro

Hi all.

We have put a deposit down on a house in Beresford Avenue too :D Just wondering whether anyone has received their contracts yet? We were originally told we’d have them about a fortnight ago but haven’t heard anything.
SarahJoe

SwordsMammy wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 20:28
SwordsMammy wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 20:26

Should’ve said - the yellow digger on the right of the picture is in the back gardens of numbers 37 & 38
These are great, thanks a million for sharing! Great to see good progress being made.
SarahJoe

Kazro wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:42 Hi all.

We have put a deposit down on a house in Beresford Avenue too :D Just wondering whether anyone has received their contracts yet? We were originally told we’d have them about a fortnight ago but haven’t heard anything.
Hello,

We put a deposit down almost two months ago now and signed the contracts the week before last. All in all I think it was 7 weeks in total which wasn't too bad!
Kazro

SarahJoe wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 11:11
Kazro wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:42 Hi all.

Hello,

We put a deposit down almost two months ago now and signed the contracts the week before last. All in all I think it was 7 weeks in total which wasn't too bad!
Brilliant thanks for that! I wasn’t sure whether to follow up with them or not. We only put our deposit down about three weeks ago. It’s all starting to get real :lol: