New Houses at Beresford

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Laura P

Hi all, happy new year! For those who have bought in the avenue, do you know of the time frame for when we need to start picking the kitchen? Or are we to go ahead ourselves and set up an appt with kube kitchens? As far as I know, they are due to be ready June 2020. Also, did anyone in previous phases have the option of putting in an alternative to the stone fireplace frame? Thanks
gruffalo

Hi Laura,

I believe that the houses in the Avenue will now be ready around July 2020, that is the latest I have heard from the builder.

With regards to picking a kitchen, I was not aware that this is an option for us, can I ask who you heard it from and with regards to what we are allowed to pick?

Thanks
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
Laura P

Yes sorry you're correct, I emailed Aidan and there is no choice in kitchen.
RunningAround

loewe55 wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 10:58 Hi all,

Happy new year first of all!!
Quick question as we just moved into our new house in Beresford Crescent.... I tried to get internet & TV to the house but all companies are saying they don't know the address yet/invalid Eircode. How long does it usually take to get broadband available for a new built? Or do I need to do anything else from our side to make it available (like register somewhere?)?

Sorry - prob a stupid question but moving into new built for first time.

Cheers,
Marco
We had a wait of around 2 weeks I think, virgin media need to connect something for the road when you are the first few houses to move in. If you ask Valerie she will be able to find out when they are due to connect it.
Welcome to the estate!!
gruffalo

Are you limited to Virgin for your broadband?
louisek

I'm currently looking to buy a new house and really like the look of the 3 beds in Beresford. I've tried sending messages to Hora via myhome.ie and daft to get more info, but am not getting any response. I'll try giving them a call later, but in the meantime can anyone here please tell me if these houses are registered for the Help to Buy scheme, and if there is a showhouse to view?

Thanks!
gruffalo

Hi Louise,

Yes you are able to use the Help To Buy scheme when purchasing one of these houses, it is a really simple process we have just gone through it while in the process of purchasing one of the houses on the Avenue.

I would suggest that you call Hora directly, we have never had any problems with communication with them when calling and once established contact email is also an option.

They do not do a traditional show house like you might see in other new estates as they have a good reputation and go by word of mouth etc. when it comes to selling their houses. What you will be able to arrange see is a house which is "as is" when you buy it, no "fancy designer" coming in and doing it up, just plain and simple, which I found was great!

Good luck.
Kazro

louisek wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 10:43 I'm currently looking to buy a new house and really like the look of the 3 beds in Beresford. I've tried sending messages to Hora via myhome.ie and daft to get more info, but am not getting any response. I'll try giving them a call later, but in the meantime can anyone here please tell me if these houses are registered for the Help to Buy scheme, and if there is a showhouse to view?

Hi Louise,

I confirmed with the developer this week that the current phase (the Avenue) is now sold out. If you give them a call, they might be able to give you an idea when the next phase will be launched. Because the current phase is sold out, there is no longer an open house available for viewing.
loewe55

RunningAround wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 20:34
loewe55 wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 10:58 Hi all,

Happy new year first of all!!
Quick question as we just moved into our new house in Beresford Crescent.... I tried to get internet & TV to the house but all companies are saying they don't know the address yet/invalid Eircode. How long does it usually take to get broadband available for a new built? Or do I need to do anything else from our side to make it available (like register somewhere?)?

Sorry - prob a stupid question but moving into new built for first time.

Cheers,
Marco
We had a wait of around 2 weeks I think, virgin media need to connect something for the road when you are the first few houses to move in. If you ask Valerie she will be able to find out when they are due to connect it.
Welcome to the estate!!
Great - thanks a mill - we've got that connection now so hopefully it will go ahead fast now. And thanks - really like the estate so far!
Laura P

Hi everyone, has anyone any updates on how beresford avenue is coming along?
gruffalo

Laura P wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 11:49 Hi everyone, has anyone any updates on how beresford avenue is coming along?
No but we were going to contact Hora in the coming week to find out more sonic we hear anything I will share it here.
Laura P

Great, thanks gruffalo
gruffalo

Just heard back from Hora; "We are pressing on with construction despite the Coronavirus issue. We did loose a bit of time with bad weather in February so that has pushed the completion back to August."

Not surprising really, the weather was very bad.
Joe89

Heard from Aidan last week that with the site closed for an expected 4 weeks due to covid-19 the avenue will not be finished until late October.
gruffalo

Joe89 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 15:19 Heard from Aidan last week that with the site closed for an expected 4 weeks due to covid-19 the avenue will not be finished until late October.
Thanks for the update @Joe89, disappointing but there is absolutely nothing we can do in these crazy times.
Laura P

Thanks @joe89 and @gruffalo for the updates. I'd imagine it will be delayed further again now as builders are not due back til 18th May I think. Understandable with the current situation. Hope everyone is doing OK during this uncertain time.
gruffalo

Yes I would say it closer to December now before they are all finished, but fingers crossed we are in for Christmas, it is something to look forward to in these challenging times :D
luckycat007

Hello all - starting to look at potential new construction in Beresford -- a few questions for those already in the estate:
1. Anyone in a terrace - how have noise levels been? -- this would be for those on Beresford Court which seem to be the only terraces today.
2. Looks like the heat pump is half the size is some of the newer builds (one fan on the exterior vs. 2), any word on this change and effectiveness of the newer pumps?
3. General concerns about the estate or build quality for those who have been there for a few years? I have read quite a bit here and on the Fingal planning site about the apartment units which might be a concern.
4. Any issues today with Virgin in the latest phases (and max speed tiers available)?

Cheers
Laura P

Hi has anyone had any update on how the avenue is progressing? Thanks
gruffalo

Speaking with Hora a few weeks ago they were saying they hoped we would be in by October and I believe we are some of the last to get our houses. They are back to working with full compliment of trades people on sites so fingers crossed things continue as they are.

You can now drive into the start of the Avenue to take a look if you live close by or have the time.
Joe89

Laura P wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 18:11 Hi has anyone had any update on how the avenue is progressing? Thanks
Hi Laura, there is a Facebook page and WhatsApp group which contains updates and progress pictures if you’re looking to keep up to date.

Joe
gruffalo

Hi Joe, just wondering how do we get access to these groups?

Thanks in advance.
Joe89

gruffalo wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 11:00 Hi Joe, just wondering how do we get access to these groups?

Thanks in advance.
If you search Beresford donabate residents on Facebook you’ll find the group and if you wanna pm me then I can add you to the WhatsApp group 👍🏻
geoani

Hi Joe89,

I am not able to PM you as I am a new member. Could You PM me as I would like to be added to the whatsapp group. I just bought a house in Beresford Avenue. It's due to be completed in Feb/March next year.
gruffalo

Geoani,

I sent you a PM