Annual lockdown of Donabate & portrane

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
Macktheknife

Otherwise known as Flavours of Fingal. Have tried to find how to get off the peninsula this weekend but traffic management page blank on website. Note to self to have everything I need for weekend by Friday evening.
golden

That's a bit overstated.. I went to Swords in the car Saturday and Sunday with no issues. Potential for irritation if you're coming in from the M1 because they route you nearly to Pavilions before you can turn around but other than that it's not that big a deal Maybe I got lucky with the times I was out and about but generally it seems a minor inconvenience.
tsuzmir

Traffic management for flavours is a sh!tshow for locals every year. Don't get me started on absolutely wild parking in estates by those who desperately want to save 20 quid. Zero planning once again. Who do we need to write to?
Bawner

Hi,

It seems Fingal are overcompensating from the fiasco that was the half marathon at Newbridge house pre covid. All they reqlly needed to do then was turn off the traffic lights at the motorway exit and have manual traffic management.

Too late fior his year, but since covid, this is what they have been doing.
1. Exit Donabate on Hearse Road (though I don't know why they had traffic management at Kilcrea, unless there was a car park somewhere on the distributor road).
2. Turvey is local access only, I think between Beresford and the Church of Ireland.
3. All mainstream access to FoF is via Turvey avenue, from the R132 Maxol/Supermacs roundabout.
4. From city, there are signs directing ppl to event at airport and Airside exits. This causes a clusterfk on the swords bypass and dual carriageway at Lissenhall.
5. Getting back to Donabate is the problem. Can't go down Turvey. If you come off motorway at our exit, you are sent down to Swords at Fingallians to turn around. Then you sit in traffic up to the Maxol roundabout (can't turn as normal onto hearse Road at usual exit). However, once you get to the maxol roundabout you can come back down dual carriageway and turn left onto hearse Road.
6. Access from main Newbridge house entrance is for disabled and buses only. Access from hearse Road to cobbes Lane is closed, and chances or those who are "lost" are sent on their merry way (or should be).

So, getting out, no problem. Getting back, not easy.

If heading northbound, may be quickest to just drive as far as airport and turn around at the airport sliproad.
Bawner

in previous post, on point 5, I said Turvey. I meant Hearsr.
gruffalo

Macktheknife wrote: 26 Jun 2024, 12:10 Otherwise known as Flavours of Fingal. Have tried to find how to get off the peninsula this weekend but traffic management page blank on website. Note to self to have everything I need for weekend by Friday evening.
It is a pity that you feel this way regarding Flavours of Fingal, I think it is a great FREE family event that we are lucky to have access to on our doorstep.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
tsuzmir

I agree - brilliant event, but still very poor traffic management from residents point of view. It has to get better!
Ken
Site Admin

Agree, it's frustrating being directed down to Tuvey to queue for a carpark when you only want to get home.
Regards,

Ken.