Looks like Labour have entered a secret pact with Fianna Fáil on the council. What were they promised?

General discussion on all issues relating to Donabate and Portrane
DonabateLad

Initially I was excited to see both Fianna Fáil candidates in our ward miss out as we needed change, especially with all the infrastructure problems on the peninsula but this latest development really worries me.

Why would Labour join a pact with Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael?

All parties that has less than lustrous reputations when it comes to important votes on rezoning land and very very close relationships with developers.

I see that Labour secured the first Mayor position with their support and Labour supported them back for the vice mayor position.

I wonder what else Labour promised them for their support on the mayor vote? These are usually multi-year long deals spanning the term of a council. Does anyone have details or insider knowledge of the details of this pact?

Details in this article... https://dublinpeople.com/news/northside ... ouncil-24/
DonabateLad

Update from the Dublin Inquirer. Looks like the Labour, Greens, FG & FF grouping has no policy agenda and it's just the cynical divvying up of extra paying council roles and committee appointments in secrecy.

https://dublininquirer.com/2024/06/26/p ... cy-goals/

Have to say i'm still a bit concerned if there was any agreement for further land re-zonings. i'll email Corina and Eoghan about this in the and report back.
Mo Kapav

As far as I have been made aware this is only a procedural pact .... It has no impact on policy . It might be also naive on my part to think there are no deals being done behind close doors ... Remember there are 40 Councillors in Fingal ... our 4 elected members need the support of the other Councillors to get projects approved when it comes to a vote,,