Beresford Avenue - new phase

Rodargle

Hi there
My husband and I have just put a holding deposit on a home in the next phase of Beresford due for completion in March 2021. We will be selling our current home before moving in and so the obvious concern is related to delays in the completion of the house. Are there any Beresford residents who could weigh in on their experience with the developer and on how timely the completion of their home has been?
Thanks
Rhona
ROB19

Hi Rhona,
I don't want to worry you but our house was completed 7 months after the target date. Another family we are friendly with had a similar experience with an earlier phase. Once you sign the final contract there is a stipulation that it will be completed within 12 months of the contract signing. Very happy with the finished product but timeliness and quality of communication is another story.
Rodargle

Thank you for that feedback it is good to know.
RunningAround

Hi I moved in last year, we only had a delay of 2 months but found you could easily tell from the site if they were on target or not.
I also know the current houses moving in on the avenue would have been on target had it not been for covid.
MarioG

That’s absolutely not correct. The houses in the Avenue were running 2-3 months behind the original move in dates provided in summer 2019, pre-Covid. Covid has compounded the delays and prolonged them, but there were certainly delays before Covid - and they will only get worse post-Covid, with the new guidelines on building sites to adhere to etc.
gruffalo

MarioG wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 18:02 That’s absolutely not correct. The houses in the Avenue were running 2-3 months behind the original move in dates provided in summer 2019, pre-Covid. Covid has compounded the delays and prolonged them, but there were certainly delays before Covid - and they will only get worse post-Covid, with the new guidelines on building sites to adhere to etc.
Where did you hear this from? This is not the information we have nor had prior to the seven week lockdown when the site was closed due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
You know it’s cold outside when you go outside and it’s cold.
RunningAround

MarioG wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 18:02 That’s absolutely not correct. The houses in the Avenue were running 2-3 months behind the original move in dates provided in summer 2019, pre-Covid. Covid has compounded the delays and prolonged them, but there were certainly delays before Covid - and they will only get worse post-Covid, with the new guidelines on building sites to adhere to etc.
In the case I know it was not delayed. But this might depend on when deposit was taken etc, as some people maybe have put a deposit down a long time before others.